Re: Really large fetches

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 00:53:42 EDT

    At 11:06 PM 6/18/2002 -0400, Robert John Andersen wrote:
    >It would be nice to be able to set the page size (which I'm sure you
    >omitted just for example sake)

    right

    > but also be able get multiple rows back instead of a one at a time.

    Why would you care about pages on the receiving side? You can call
    "nextObject" or "nextRow" as many times as you need.

    >As far as being multithreaded, I think that should be an option since you
    >wouldn't need it in all cases.

    Well, the feature is there, so it should be kind of automatic - if you read
    a relationship while your open result set is holding the connection, a new
    connection will be checked out of the pool for you. Basically it depends on
    how many connections you have in the connection pool.

    Andrus