Re: Starting CVS reorg [Was: cayenne-cvs vs. eclipse]

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 05:34:20 EDT

    catching up..

    Andrus wrote:
    > There is one problem with Eclipse automated builds that I am not sure how
    > to overcome. To be able to generate separate JAR's for core, tests and
    > performance subprojects, .class files must be generated under separate
    > subfolders in "build". This seems to be impossible to achieve within an
    > Eclipse project.

    Yes, unfortunately the JDT is really anal about keeping things in control.
    The idea is to have several workspace projects and set project
    dependencies accordingly (eclipse will automagically figure out the build
    order etc.), but this is way too much overhead for small 'subprojects'
    like tests. Your solution:

    > I guess I will provide such separation at the level of ant scripts
    > (build/cayenne, build/tests, build/performance), while Eclipse will write
    > in its own folder (build/classes).

    ..is the common way and completely OK with me. Don't know about other
    folks (are there any? :)

    Unfortunately I didn't have any time to work on the relationship stuff -
    some minor earthquakes in my private life required more immediate
    attention. :(
    Maybe later this week.

    Thanks!
    Holger