Re: Starting CVS reorg

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 10:13:39 EDT

    Holger Hoffstätte writes:

    > Andrus wrote:
    >> CVS reorg is done. Ant scripts are not fully finished yet, but doing
    >> compile by simply typing "ant" should produce working cayenne and
    >> cayenne-tests JAR files that pass all the unit tests.
    >
    > very cool! I just checked out the new tree and noticed something: the
    > project is not recognized as Java project and therefore does not show up
    > in the Package Explorer. The exact 'nature' of a project is kept in the
    > top-level .project XML file and just manually adding the Java nature
    > entries should do the trick. This will also make a .classpath file appear,
    > which keeps record of source/build folders, libraries etc.

    [...]

    Actually, I did not want IDE specific files in CVS. I suggest that .project
    & .classpath stay local to a developer machine (they are in .cvsignore
    already).

    Also, to setup a new project on my machine, I used .classpath & .project
    from the copy that you sent me - it worked just fine.

    As an alternative, for reference purposes we can create a separate CVS
    module called smth. like "ide/eclipse" and check sample project files in
    there.

    Andrus