Build problems with Jikes 1.16

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 23:55:25 EDT

    Anyone seen this before?

    After I upgraded to jikes 1.16 (I was running 1.15 with no problems), I
    started having the following exceptions when running unit tests login
    panel. When switching to javac, it would go away:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
    org/objectstyle/cayenne/gui/action/ImportD
    bAction, method: importDb signature: ()V) Illegal target of jump or branch
             at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.gui.Editor.initEmptyActions(Editor.java:228)
             at org.objectstyle.cayenne.gui.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:157)
             at
    org.objectstyle.testui.TestEditorFrame.<init>(TestEditorFrame.java:75)
             at
    org.objectstyle.testui.TestLogin.collectLoginInfo(TestLogin.java:100)
             at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.ConnectionSetup.getInfoInteractively(ConnectionSetup.java:129)
             at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.ConnectionSetup.buildConnectionInfo(ConnectionSetup.java:92)
             at org.objectstyle.TestMain.main(TestMain.java:134)

    The error is kind of cryptic, so I did some research. It seems like this
    may happen due to having an enormously big method :

    http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-use..akarta.apache.org/msg04902.html

    Ok, importDb needed refactoring anyways. I broke it down to a set of
    smaller methods - the same problem. Looks like jikes does some serious
    inlining.

    Before I start decompiling and other funky stuff I wanted to check if
    anyone knows what this might be.

    Andrus