Re: Building with JDK1.3

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 10:07:18 EDT

    Hi Dirk,

    Glad you had time to take a look. As for building Cayenne with 1.3, no, this
    can not be done as of now. XML parser problems can be easily solved by
    downloading the latest Xerces and putting 2 JAR files to JRE lib/ext, or
    elsewhere in CLASSPATH.

    But... 1.4 is still required for a few other things mostly in GUI code.

    So basically our 1.3 compatibility means :
     - build with 1.4
     - run GUI on 1.4
     - deploy on 1.3 or 1.4

    Andrus