Re: Cayenne Tapestry Tutorial

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 17:40:40 EDT

    Looks pretty good to me. Really shows off the power and simplicity of
    Cayenne, and in the context of the power and simplicity of Tapestry.

    I haven't run it, but that might just be the incentive I need to get a
    test db setup here :-). It certainly displays what I consider a good
    idiom for using Cayenne within Tapestry (the datacontext in Visit etc.).

    What might also be useful would be a kind of brief walkthrough document,
    indicating where things are and possibly why they are there. If no-one
    else wants to, I'll consider writing one tonight?

    Craig

    On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Andrus wrote:

    > I just checked in Cayenne/Tapestry tutorial written by Eric Schneider.
    > People more familiar with Tapestry than I am (Craig, Holger, ...?), could
    > you take a look at it.
    >
    > The following 3 jar files need to be in "WEB-INF/lib" directory of the
    > tutorial to deploy it:
    > - cayenne.jar
    > - net.sf.tapestry-2.2.jar
    > - ognl-2.1.4-opt.jar
    >
    > URL of the app would be something like:
    > http://localhost:8080/cayenne-tapestry-app/artists
    >
    > Eric, I changed the structure of the app somewhat to make it consistent
    > with other tutorials. Also I put everything in packages.
    >
    > Enjoy ;-)
    >
    > Andrus
    >
    > P.S. SourceForge CVS mail notifications are not working at the moment, so
    > you will not receive any emails resulting from my commits.

    Craig Miskell
    Programmer, Black Albatross, Otago University, New Zealand