Refactoring effort

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 22:46:17 EST

Hi everybody,

I am in the middle of yet another refactoring effort. I am planning to put
the Modeler in its own subproject and distribute as a separate JAR. The
reason for that being that it looks like we will need to start adding 3rd
party dependencies that are relevant for the GUI only. I don't want to
bundle them with Cayenne core. Namely I am thinking of trying
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scope/ for the Swing controller layer.

<rant>
Swing sucks and we can not fix that, but at least I'd like to have an app
in a maintainable state. Other controller framework suggestions are welcomed.
</rant>

Anyway, this means moving stuff around and killing a few evil dependencies
that we have. And also some code that I think is not used by anyone, so it
would be beneficial to remove it to avoid extra maintenance.

1. Kill DbGeneratorTool (CayenneModeler supports the function, no need for
the Java cmd class)
2. Kill DbLoaderTool (CayenneModeler supports the function, no need for
the Java cmd class)
3. Kill EOModelConverterTool (CayenneModeler supports the function, no need
for the Java cmd class)
4. A command line version of a database login panel.

Anyone has a reason to keep those around?

Andrus