Proposal: Custom superclasses of ObjEntities

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 18:36:24 EST

    Would anyone have any objections to me adding a way of specifying a
    custom superclass per ObjEntity (defaulting to CayenneDataObject if not
    specified?) We already have a custom set of templates to get our custom
    subclass of CayenneDataObject into the mix, but we have a smaller subset
    of classes that need to be subclasses of a further subclass of our
    custom object. We could have two templates, generate all the classes
    and then merge them together, but that's a bit clunky.

    Changes:
    Add parentClassName to ObjEntity (default to
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject)
    Add attribute to obj-entity in the xml reading/writing (no value in the
    default case)
    Modify modeller to display it.
    Modify the class generation code and templates to use it.

    Craig