Cayenne documentation: dependencies

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 23:16:45 EST

    Hi,

    now finally I'm taking some time to get into cayenne, which is something I
    wanted to do for some time now but I never really managed to do so ...

    While trying to get my first steps done I noticed that the documentation
    states in the section 2.4 that the cayenne-nodeps.jar would need

    - velocity
    - oro
    - log4j

    While integrating cayenne-nodeps.jar into my project I noticed that you
    would actyally also need the apache commons for cayenne to work.

    BTW: do you really need velocity for cayenne deployment or is it used only
    for the generation of java classes?

    Maybe the documentation could be a little bit more specific about which jars
    are needed for development/deployment.

    -dirk