Re: Unit Tests switched to ant

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 22:16:25 EST

    Very, very cool. I like the generated report too. Very snazzy and easy
    to see what's happened (well, easier than scanning terminal output..80
    chars/line trying to see errors).

    I ran it against mysql here at home, and it works fine except for one
    possible glitch (don't think it's mysql related). Attached is the xml
    output, but basically it seems to be complaining that about an inner class
    not having a TestCase single arg constructor. Doesn't make a lot of sense
    to me, and running the tests from the dist directory doesn't give this
    failure. Might be junit, or something else odd that I can't figure out.
    I'll leave it up to you.

    BTW, am I missing something, or is that wee message on the front page of
    the report misleading:
    "Note: failures are anticipated and checked for with assertions while
    errors are unanticipated".

    This particular problem is classified as a "failure", but it certainly
    wasn't checked for with an assertion that I can see. Or am I still
    missing something about unit tests... (possible...still a neophyte on that
    front).

    Craig