ObjectId and objEntityName

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 17:57:26 EST

    Hi,
            While doing the recently committed changes to queries (deprecating
    get/setObjEntityName), I realised the ObjectId also still uses
    ObjEntityName. For that reason alone, we have to maintain support in
    Query for the root being the name of the Entity.

    Is it a good idea to modify ObjectId to store the ObjEntity instead of
    it's name? At the moment ObjectId is quite lightweight... would this
    weigh it down too much (hmmm, serialiaation might be an issue). Maybe
    we could store the Class instead of the ObjEntity?

    ObjEntity is better in that we can then maintain getObjEntityName to
    return the obvious. If we went with the Class, then there'd by no easy
    way to retain that method's functionality and we might have to remove
    it.

    Of course, there may be other overriding issues I'm not aware of. Any
    thoughts/comments?

    Craig