Re: Test run output

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 19:05:23 EST

    On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 12:57, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Craig Miskell writes:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > Would anyone mind if I made the output of the ant-run tests be put in
    > > build/tests/out/<connectionname>/, and
    > > build/tests/report/<connectionname>/
    > >
    > > It works better if you're running multiple connection tests one after
    > > the other in an automated scenario, otherwise if more than one fails the
    > > output of the last will overwrite earlier ones.
    > >
    > > Craig
    >
    > That would actually be cool.
    Done.

    > I think we may also modify the perl script I have for the nightly builds to
    > take multiple connection tokens and rung against multiple databases.
    Maybe cayenne.test.connection could be made a comma separated list of
    connections to use, and the test iterates over them, running once for
    each connection. Then again, it might be overkill, when perl/shell
    scripts can do it just as easily and are almost always necessary anyway

    > Another idea is to run a compiled version against 2 versions of JDK - 1.3 &
    > 1.4
    Good idea... I don't have 1.3 on my machine at the moment, but I could
    easily install it and set up my automated testing to try that combo as
    well.

    Craig