Re: ObjectId and objEntityName

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 17:22:57 EST

    Craig,

    I've been silent on that, since I really don't know a good answer. I would
    really like to get rid of a name string and replace it with an object. I
    just don't know if there is a better way to do it.

    Replacing with ObjEntity will make DataObjects tied to the DataMap that
    seems unneeded (plus the serialization issues that you mentioned). Using
    Class leaves us with the entity resolution issues.

    What I am wondering though, is if we use Class, do we still need a method
    "getObjEntityName" with all the new EntityResolver stuff? Can it be so that
    this method becomes unused and can be just taken out (or deprectated and
    returning some dummy string)?

    Andrus