Re: Flattened relationship support

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 01:25:44 EST

    At 02:56 PM 11/15/2002 +1300, Craig Miskell wrote:
    >Also, kudos to my company/boss for allowing me to do it on work time.

    Yes, this is very cool. I really hope your company will benefit from the
    product.

    >Now, what's next??? :-)

    Well, like with any OpenSource development, the best motivation is a
    personal need. So the first question is "What else do you want to see in
    Cayenne?"

    In case we have some synergy, here is my TODO list for Beta:

    1. Add support for bare DataMap projects (this thread plus our offline
    discussion:
    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-devel/2002/10/0030.html ),
    including importing external DataMaps to cayenne.xml in the Modeler.

    2. Add cross database BLOB support, preferably with streaming.

    3. Create PostgreSQL adapter

    4. Test Cayenne with multiple DataNodes (this feature should work, we just
    never tested it)

    5. StoredProcedure support (we may be getting some help from Misha's
    company on that).

    In the more distant future (after 1.0 final) I really want to continue
    improving the modeler. Add wizards to map existing classes (and add support
    for arbitrary persistent classes), add GUI database operations abilities
    (like fetch data for entity, etc.), add project life cycle synchronization,
    etc...

    Andrus