Suggestion for lookupObjEntity()

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 11:18:05 EST

    I just accidentally passed an instance of DataObject into lookupEntity()
    (instead of the Class) and of course got a null back. Any reason why we
    shouldn't handle this case as well? A simple

            if (object instanceof DataObject) {
                object = object.getClass();
            }

    could help and make it more generic without disturbing the rest of the
    method.

    Another related suggestion: maybe we should only store either the class or
    the class names in the cache? I think this will keep it smaller and
    simpler.

    sorry for being so picky :)

    -h