Re: Next steps [Was Re: Flattened relationship support]

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 08:04:01 EST

    Craig Miskell wrote:
    > I'd like to see an eclipse modeller plugin, with class generation tied
    > directly into an eclipse project. But that's just me, and I don't have

    nope :-)
    One of my first thoughts after I saw the MVCification of the Modeler.

    > the resources to do it just yet. (Cant' justify it during work time, and
    > my machine at home struggles along just running eclipse, let alone running
    > an embedded eclipse for debugging a plugin :-( )

    Now that sounds familiar. Luckily my 266er decided to retire two weeks ago
    and my new 2.4 GHz machine really doesn't mind debugging eclipse in
    itself.. :-)
    Regarding the plugin - Dirk and I had a short plugin-workshop in our
    company and I'd say it's definitely possible to do - getting simple
    plugins up and running is relatively easy, and you have full access to the
    Java metamodel, no custom Java parser and other boring things required.
    Unfortunately, I don't think it would make much sense to start this until
    both cayenne, the Modeler and eclipse itself have stabilised more. The
    Tapestry plugin (spindle) really had some bad versioning problems since
    the plugin API changed so often that it was hard to keep up.

    -h