Re: DataContext.registerNewObject() vs. entityResolver

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 18:30:38 EST

    At 01:55 PM 11/17/2002 +0100, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
    >Another reason might be that the assumed mapping of Class to ObjEntity
    >might not always be true or desired. How likely are scenarios like you
    >could have with EOF's EOGenericRecord, where you really don't care about
    >the class but just want to use a dumb record?

    Yeah, we kind of moved away from GenericRecord approach. Luckily not too
    far away. Resolver still supports the names, and we may even rethink the
    deprecation strategy to always support the names. Thanks for bringing this
    up - gives us another reason to keep Strings around, even if we wouldn't
    use them heavily at the moment.

    Andrus