Re: OperationSorter.sortQueries(Object[]) obsolete?

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 18:54:55 EST

    Craig Miskell wrote:
    > It wasn't used before I started my playing around in that code, but I
    > assumed it was intended as public API (although that does seem a little
    > odd really....who would be using it????)

    So I vote for the bucket. We really should not be afraid of throwing stuff
    out while we still can.

    > I agree that we should make the naming more consistent... 'ed' suffix
    > when returning a new copy, without the suffix when sorting inplace. I

    yup

    > > I'll see if I can get NoUnit or other coverage tools going, so we find
    > > these dead spots earlier.
    > Ooo, that would be interesting to see. Can that also see if unit tests
    > cover everything, or is that another type of tool?

    Depends, some can. I first had NoUnit (nounit.sourceforge.net) in mind but
    found it looked somewhat dormant; Quilt (http://quilt.sourceforge.net/) is
    a much more ambitious project and has extremely interesting features,
    test/coverage/metrics-wise. Unfortunately many other free Java coverage
    tools are either dead or unusable; understandable, since this is not
    trivial weekend hackery when done right.

    Ultimately something like Maven (http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/)
    for the whole project would be cool but probably overkill..but dang it
    sure does look nice and they have all the right buzzwords! Maybe when
    Andrus sets up the new machine.

    I also have OptimizeIt here and will try to get the unit tests through it
    to get a clearer picture about what's eating time & memory. One thing at a
    time..

    -h