jar file versioning

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 22:55:01 EST

    I was hacking away when I suddenly noticed (among othher things) that the
    distributed commons-collections.jar was still at version 2.0 instead of
    the current 2.1 - this got me thinking: some of the jars have version
    numbers, some do not. So I fixed up everything to have version numbers,
    updated the jars to their most recent versions ('stable') and also cleaned
    up the ant scripts to have no more hardcoded directory/jar file names;
    they consistently use variables now.
    All this is building & running the tests correctly on both Windows and
    Linux, so unless anybody thinks this is a Bad Idea I'd like to check this
    in, tomorrow or on Monday.

    Btw, the ant scripts are very readable - it's pretty easy to figure out
    what is going on where and in which order. Good work Andrus!

    -h