Confused about OperationSorter

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 20:42:43 EST

    I just upgraded to eclipse 2.1 M4 and now it (correctly) warns me about
    lots of "references to static elements/methods in a non-static way", which
    works but is a terrible source of bugs (like aThread.sleep() does NOT put
    the receiving instance to sleep but rather the current thread). Some
    warnings revolved around OperationSorter, so I looked at that and found
    many static methods that were invoked like they were supposed to be
    instance methods and vice versa, too. Since
    dataNode.getAdapter().getOpSorter() returns an instance or null I think
    these static methods should be made proper instance methods. This should
    not impact any applications.
    Might be god to clean this up asap, no?

    Holger