CayenneModeler: Project Errors Diagnostics

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 16:37:18 EST

    Just added a feature to Cayenne that would allow CayenneModeler to perform
    diagnostics of the project loading errors and show the detailed error
    messages to the user. This ranges from malformed XML to classpath issues
    and such.

    Earlier behavior was to show a dialog with Java exception stack trace, and
    do not load the project. This freaked many people out (I have a number of
    bug reports on that). New behavior is to allow users to work with whatever
    part of the project succeeded in loading, but show a dialog with itemized
    list of failures on startup. This may actually be bad in some cases, since
    people may overwrite their earlier work by saving such partial project, but
    what the hell... we can add another dialog asking how to proceed: "Continue
    With Partial Project" or "Cancel".

    Please let me know if anyone encounters problems with this.

    Andrus