Re: Stored Procedure Support

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 10:51:16 EST

    I think that eventually we must hanle all the cases that you mentioned.
    This is the ultimate goal.

    But this will require real support in the DataMap, and in CayenneModeler.
    So for the Beta and subsequent 1.0 I suggest do not include such advanced
    support, and rather give only limited stored procedure support as explicit
    queries.

    Again, this is merely a schedule issue.

    Andrus

    >> One of the 2 features I wanted to see in Beta is stored procedure
    support. Here is a little description of the initial planned
    >> implementation.
    >> >
    >> Any comments?
    >>

    > Modification stored procs are aften used to insert/delete records (in
    our case, data objects). So, will there be any way to schedule (order
    might be important too!) stored proc invocations during commit, like we
    can say somehow "objects for a certain entity or entities must be
    inserted/deleted/updated by means of such and such stored proc" (in
    similar cases primary key values are also generated and returned by this
    procedure for newly inserted objects). One more important issue - stored
    procs love to silently update several tables simultaniously in accord
    with their internal logics. For such occasions it would be quite useful
    to tell the context: "after a certain stored proc has been invoked mark
    objects of entities A, B, C HOLLOW, for example, as the procedure is
    subject to change the data in the underlying tables."