Re: Fixing DbLoaderTst for Oracle

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 17:41:58 EST

    > >> So maybe we should change the DbLoader to create multiple DataMaps -
    > >> one per schema?
    > >
    > > That's another possibility and probably less intrusive, only (?)
    > > affected methods would be loadDataMapFromDB() and its caller
    > > ImportDbAction.loadMap().
    > > No idea what would be better..maybe Craig or Andriy?
    >
    > I'd like to hear other opinions too...
    In that case, I shall opine:

    I think that a DataMap per schema seems reasonable to me. If you
    connect as a normal user, you'll only get the schema(s?) you can see.
    If you connect as DBA or more privileged user, you should be able to
    reverse engineer all the schemas visible, but they obviously need to be
    separated. And a DataMap/schema "works" conceptually...at least for me
    anyway :-)

    Craig