Re: Question on constraint cycles and DEFERRABLE

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 17:27:20 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > (on OpSorters vs. DEFERRED constraints)
    > They can coexist, but I feel like "DEFERRABLE" shouldn't be a default option.

    OK, so I removed the clause from the PostgreSQL adapter; it's consistent
    with Oracle now. However I have read a bit about the pros and cons of
    deferred constraints today, and at least Oracle seems to benefits a good
    deal from deferred fk constraints during deletes, since this will cause an
    internal constraint index to be rebuilt only once (at the end of the
    transaction) instead n times. But you are right, let's make it an option
    later.

    Holger