Re: ObjEntity spanning multiple DbEntities proposal

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 13:52:38 EST

    On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 05:38, Andriy Shapochka wrote:
    > Let me propose for implementation a new Cayenne feature that seems useful and interesting
    and arises from the needs of the project I am working on. Please give your comments.
    <snip>
    > This feature is, in fact, very much like the concept of flattened relationships,
    only a DbRelationship is hidden inside an ObjEntity.

    +1.

    I can see a whole lot of uses for this... inheritance being the obvious
    one. Another is when you split out BLOBS into separate tables (old
    Oracle problem, one BLOB column per table... makes life a pain)... this
    way we hide the db specific madness and have nice clean objects at the
    top level, without writing any additional delegation type code.

    Craig