PostgreSQL Failures

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 01:40:40 EST

    Dirk and others,

    I am gradually building a Linux server that would run all the databases
    "officially" supported by Cayenne. I am past the most painful
    installation, Oracle, now I am trying PostgreSQL.

    I am connecting from the Windows box to the Linux machine runnig
    PostgreSQL 7.2.3. When I run unit tests, most of them fail (tables are
    created in the DB, so at least I know that my connection and driver are
    setup correctly). For instance DbLoadertTst gives this error (Modeler
    gives the same when trying to reverse-engineer tables):

    java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: No such attribute or function 'oid'
            at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:533)
            at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:400)
            at
    org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(DatabaseMetaData.java:1894)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DbLoader.loadDbEntities(DbLoader.java:334)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DbLoaderTst.testLoad(DbLoaderTst.java:104)

    Even worse, when I run subsequent tests, Cayenne fails to drop already
    existing tables and chokes with errors like:

      [junit] java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Relation 'artgroup' already exists
          [java] [junit] at
    org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:533)

    I will look at it some more tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows the
    answer already? Dirk, what Postgres version and what server OS are you
    using?

    Andrus