ObjRelationship isToMany

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 02:43:37 EST

    Sorry to interrupt the much more interesting discussions on Postgres and
    BLOB/CLOB support, :-)

    Just fiddling with flattened relationships (again) [1], and am doing some
    work on ObjRelationship, calculating the value of the toMany flag based on
    the sequence of dbrelationships. I then started thinking that maybe
    ObjRelationship should never have setToMany called on it, and the isToMany
    should *always* be derived from the underlying DbRelationship. However,
    this is a reduction in functionality, and knowing my luck, if I made such
    a change, it would turn out that someone is doing something nasty but
    valid that requires the ability to override the toMany flag on an
    ObjRelationship, regardless of the DbRelatoinship underneath.

    Any ideas if I'd get my head bitten off for munging with this?

    Craig

    [1] Was taking some docos by Laszlo Spoor and adding some introductory
    comments. As happens in such situations, discovered that what I was
    writing was rubbish because there's still some cases that aren't handled
    correctly, namely a path consisting solely of to-One relationships. At
    least it explains what I'm doing in the general area :-)