Re: ObjRelationship isToMany

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 10:36:25 EST

    >> this is a reduction in functionality, and knowing my luck, if I made
    >> such a change, it would turn out that someone is doing something nasty
    >> but valid that requires the ability to override the toMany flag on an
    >> ObjRelationship, regardless of the DbRelatoinship underneath.

    Database having a "one to many" while object model is "one-to-one" is such
    a scenario. This is a valid and quiet common (though not the best) way of
    handling "master-detail" modeling in the db.

    I am not even sure that Cayenne supports it as it is now? Of course there
    is always a workaround for the users to create special getters/setters
    (and we can even handle it like this from in the class generator... if
    ObjRelationship still supports "to-many" notion of course :-)):

    setDetail(Detail obj) {
       addToDetailsArray(obj);
    }

    Andrus