Re: Status/Plans on Inheritance?

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 05:46:57 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Is this "createNewInstance" found in your Person class example?

    Yes.

    > So basically your superset works like that, right:
    >
    > A1 extends B extends C
    > A2 extends B extends C
    > B1 extends C
    >
    > If there is a select query on "B", "superset" will contain
    > a union of all extra attributes found in A1 and A2?
    > Just making sure I understand this correctly.

    This is how it should be. What I did I'm afraid
    is to always use the union of a1,a2,b,b1,c .

    > I guess you can start submitting patches :-).

    O.k., I synchronized the patches against the current
    CVS just this morning (Europe, which is the middle
    of the night in the U.S.) and attach them as a .tgz
    to this mail.

    These are all the patches I currently have to use
    for my proof-of-concept, not just inheritance,
    and I included a readme explaining what the
    individual patches are for.

    Please note that I'm not particular proud
    of this inherticance patch, it's just to get along...

    regards,

    Arndt

    Dr. Arndt Brenschede
    DIAMOS AG