I've spent the afternoon overhauling Configuration, ResourceLocator and
friends; my PackageConfiguraton functionality is now just another setting
in ResourceLocator, i.e. the old top-level-classpath loading still works
just like before; if the current Configuraton is a simple subclass of
DefaultConfiguration in a different package, that package is searched as
well. This works for me both with expanded class files (eclipse build
directory) and JARs.
Other major cleanups involved the logging. That was a really bad one
because it's obviously useful to have ResourceLocator log things, but
since RL is also used for loading the log4j config you have a nontrivial
initialization problem. In the end I not only fixed many hidden bugs
(obscure things that worked mostly by chance) but also managed to put a
lot more streamlined initialization order into the whole setup. Other
cleanups involved more comprehensible method names for some things;
unfortunately all that means a binary compatibility break but I think that
teh recent changes did that already anyway..
I have merged these changes into my local tree and all the unit tests
'just work', so in theory I'd like to check this in asap; in practice it
might be a good idea if at least Andrus looked over the changes (in my
sandbox: org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf/util), if possible. Two things still
remain to be done: Configuration(File) and something in the ServletConfig
but these need tests first and are flagged appropriately.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0.0 : Sun Mar 09 2003 - 17:49:04 EST