Re: PermIds and the new ContextCommit

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 03:54:25 EST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Andrus Adamchik" <andru..bjectstyle.org>
    To: "CayDev" <cayenne-deve..bjectstyle.org>
    Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 8:05 AM
    Subject: Re: PermIds and the new ContextCommit

    > about performance. I plan to refactor this further, switching it to use
    > DefaultSorter for entity sorting, to avoid duplicating the sorting
    > algorithm. Hope both algorithms work the same way.

    In my opinion we shouldn't do this. DefaultSorter and PrimaryKeyHelper share
    the same topological sort algorithm from Ashwood, IndegreeTopologicalSort,
    it is true, but they operate on very different graphs. The way their
    internal graphs are built is the main behavioral distinction of these two
    classes. So the separation was entirely deliberate.

    Andriy.