Re: stored procedure unittests failing on oracle

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 15:29:06 EST

    On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 03:23 PM, Craig Miskell wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Just noticed that my nightly unit tests have been failing for at least
    > the last 3 days when run against Oracle 8.0.3 and 8i. Details below...
    > I'm off to try and figure it out, unless someone else knows what it is.

    I think I know what it is. The important line in the stack trace is:

    > [java] Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00955: name is already
    > used by an existing object

    The thing is that "cayenne_tst_select_proc" was originally defined as
    PROCEDURE, but now it is defined as FUNCTION, so "CREATE OR REPLACE
    FUNCTION" will not work, since "REPLACE" will only look for functions.
    Solution is to manually drop the procedure from sqlplus:

    drop procedure cayenne_tst_select_proc;

    Let me know if this worked. I am curious if the stored procedure stuff
    is 8.0 and 8i compatible.

    Andrus