Re: Status of BasicServletConfiguration

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 10:25:05 EDT

    Holger,

    > Unfortunately, apart from a brief look I've had _zero_time to work on
    > this (and the Configuration doc updates - yeah blame me) but being away,
    > flaky email for several days and much, much more pressing things were
    > simply not helpful. I have all the time in the world starting the
    > weekend after the 25th (next week Friday). Andrus, can we delay beta1
    > until then? I don't think it would be a good idea to release beta1 with
    > outdated config instructions.

    I agree that we can't release with BasicServletConfiguration broken. I
    volunteer to look at this, so that we could stay on track for this
    weekend.

    > Here's two things to discuss in the
    > meantime:
    >
    > - while looking over Scott's patches it occurred to me that I do not
    > really understand the separation between BasicServletConfiguration and
    > ServletConfiguration. Shouldn't we merge the two into one working,
    > instead of two that both don't work anymore and somehow seem to be
    > linked together for no (?) good reason?

    There is a good reason for separation - ServletConfiguration implements
    HttpSessionListener and ServletContextListener that are not accessible in
    2.2 servlet containers leading to ClassNotFoundException (I had lots of
    problems with this when deploying on iPlanet last fall).

    > I can apply & commit the patches so that everybody else can look at and
    > comment on them in the meantime. Would that help?

    Could you rather post the patches, or create a "patch" item on SourceForge?

    Andrus