Re: Stress testing tools

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 11:05:23 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    >>I could send you a simulation for one of
    >>the example apps if I find some time
    >>(but this is unlikely currently :-( )
    >

    > This is fine. If you could send it out whenever
    > you have a chacne in the future, this would be cool.

    here we go:

    I attach the simulator as a zipfile.

    To get it flying, just compile it
    (there are no dependencies!) and
    start the class:

    test.stresslet.core.TestClient

    In the host/port fields fill in the
    adress where your server is running
    the "cayenne-web-app" tutorial.

    (it must be reachable under:
    http://>:<port>/cayenne-web-app/ )

    Then press "update above" and "create single session"
    and see what happens. If you get response times
    and no errors, press "start creating session"
    to put a statistical load on the server.

    I would be pleased hearing that somebody get this
    working - if you need deeper information of what
    that code does, just ask.

    For the session simulation, I made it quick and
    just added the 2 read-only requests "browseArtists"
    and "browseGalleries". If you want to extend that, have
    a look in test.stresslet.http.TutorialHttpSession

    regards,

    Arndt