Cayenne and MS SQL Server

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 01:29:28 EDT

    I recently got access to a SQL Server 2000 machine, so I figured I'd
    try running Cayenne. I know that there are users who were doing this
    all along, so I thought - why not...

    Tests using JdbcAdapter failed during table creation (SQL Server has no
    DATE datatype)... Oh well, knowing that SQL Server was built using some
    dubious partnership with Sybase, I figured, I'd try a SybaseAdapter.
    Surprisingly it worked pretty well - only 2 unit tests failed -
    something with flattened relationships, and a test with LIKE qualifier
    exact match - not bad at all.... Looks like we may have a new adapter
    with very little effort.

    Andrus