Re: Weird DB2 quirk

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 20:47:18 EDT

    On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 01:33 PM, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:

    > I'm continuing work on DB2 and have a test failure that I cannot
    > explain.
    > It's in TypesMappingTst.java:76, which tests the JDBC driver's types.
    > According to the failing line, no NUMERIC types are declared, yet I've
    > mapped both DECIMAL and NUMERIC to DECIMAL and tables are written
    > correctly etc. Might this be a driver bug? Any idea what this is
    > tyring to
    > tell me?

    I don't think that code that is being tested is even used anymore. This
    was an earlier attempt to dynamically create the mapping between JDBC
    standard data types and RDBMS types. Now we have an explicit mapping
    (types.xml), and TypesHandler class to work with it.

    So as far as I can tell, all *non-static* members of TypesMapping class
    can be deprecated, and the corresponding unit tests - removed.

    Andrus