EventSubject implementation

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 17:03:41 EDT

    Dirk, Holger:

    I am having problems with our current (very tight) EventSubject
    implementation and wanted to discuss possible ways around.

    I understand all the logic behind hiding the String value of the subject,
    but sometimes there is a legitimate need to pick on a string name of the
    EventSubject. And distributed notifications are actually the main reason
    to expose subject strings, opposite to what the javadoc comment says.

    I am playing around with a JMS based cache synchronization prototype (I
    have a preliminary UML design in my sandbox in CVS, readable using the UML
    tool from http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/). The idea is to use the same
    subject for events within the JVM and for JMS topics propagating these
    events to other VMs. Simple "EventSubject.getSubjectName()" should fix the
    problem. Any objections to adding this method? (Of course I can find ways
    around, but they are much uglier).

    Andrus