Re: EventSubject implementation

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 05:18:49 EDT

Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> the options. What I came up with is an adapter between "local" and
> "remote" messaging which is a transport independent abstract class (JMS
> adapter being its first implementation). It will work like this:
>
> (snip DistributedNotificationAdapter)

Looks good, basically what I had in mind as well. Not surprising, it looks
like the natural approach. :-)

> I started with JMS (and not JavaGroups) since JMS is part of J2EE1.3
> and is therefore ubiquitous, and does not require Cayenne to bundle
> extra dependencies (and of course if notifications are disabled in an
> app, no J2EE installation is required). Wanted to see how this works.

Sure, why not - just the peer-to-peer & any dynamic master/slave
registration/election stuff is really not something you want to reinvent.
If I recall correctly JavaGroups can also use JMS as transport, so it's
not mutually exclusive.

Holger