Re: [Now works for me] Re: Trouble with remaining DB2 errors - could need some help

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 04:57:10 EDT

    > Just installed DB2 on Linux. I am working with it pretty much in the
    > dark - I don't know any of the internals yet (even such simple (?)
    > things like creating users that are not the same as UNIX accounts - any

    I think this is a restriction of the 'personal edition', but really don't
    know; it's the same on Windows. I agree it's very annoying.

    > pointers on that). Anyway, looks like I was able to fix all problems
    > and all my unit tests succeed 100%.

    :)

    > The real reason was that unit tests relied on this little "feature" in
    > other Cayenne adapters - PK generation starts from 200, so ids 1..199

    Argh! I knew that the DB2 adapter started at 1 but not that the tests
    relied on that.

    > Can't reproduce the second error (above) exactly; that same insert
    > query runs just fine for me. Although the same test case was failing in
    > SELECT...LIKE when casting LONG VARCHAR. I had to fix casting in the
    > adapter to address that.

    Sigh! I was *so* close when I looked into that one, because I had
    suspected the LONG VARCHAR cast as well and thought that I tried the same
    thing you just did..apparently not.
    Anyway thanks for taking the last step! Since everything passes for me as
    well I just enabled DB2 for Modeler so that it will show up in the next
    release.

    Holger