Re: Flattened Relationship Insert Problem

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 11:00:52 EDT

    Hi Scott,

    Finally I am back, so I've got a chance to look at your solution. See
    my comments below.

    On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 02:46 PM, Scott Finnerty wrote:

    > I made the change I described to DataContext.hasChanges() and it solved
    > the problem. No one has commented on whether it is the right place to
    > solve this issue of transactions consisting only of flattened
    > relationship modifications not working.

    > Is it as simple as combining the result of ObjectStore.hasChanges()
    > with
    > looking at DataContext.getFlattenedInserts (and Deletes?) in
    > DataContext.hasChanges()? As in:
    >
    > return ((this.getFlattenedInserts().isEmpty() == false)
    > || (this.getFlattenedDeletes().isEmpty() ==
    > false)
    > || objectStore.hasChanges());
    >
    > Or should ObjectStore.hasChanges() return the "right" thing based on
    > properties and relationships....?

    Correct, the "right" thing would be to track such things at the
    ObjectStore level. But this will require to do another "right" thing
    :-) - namely moving flattened relationship tracking to the ObjectStore
    as well. So for now (1.0) I suggest keeping your solution for
    simplicity. I will write a few unit tests and commit you fix shortly.

    Thanks!
    Andrus