Ant task to generate datamap.map.xml from database?

From: Mark Evenson (evenso..anix.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 04:37:12 EST

    Does anyone have an Ant task to generate datamap.map.xml from a database?

    Our group is using a modeler other than Cayenne (Sybase PowerDesigner) to
    create the database schema from which we then reverse engineer via the
    Cayenne Modeler GUI to create the associated datamaps. We would like to
    automate the process via an Ant task, to shorten our design/test cycle as
    much as possible.

    It doesn't look like such a task exists in cayenne-src-1.0.2, so I thought
    I would ask the list if anyone had such a task (or the rudimentary
    beginnings of one) floating around somewhere?

    Would there be any major architectural problems in implementing such a task
    that I should be advised of before slogging off to create such an item?

    --
    Mark Evenson <evenso..anix.com>

    "A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."