[1.1 Feature Suggestion]: SqlQueries as a way to speed up query translators and other nice things

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 21:53:22 EST

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-51

    I created a very preliminary design that optimizes the work of
    QueryTranslators for queries that can be "parameterized". For each such
    query we would store all the work that a QueryTranslator does in an
    intermediate object (I called it SqlQuery, but I'd like to come up
    with a better name... QueryFactory, QueryDescriptor, something like
    that...).

    Executing such "preprocessed query" would no longer require a
    translator, and at the same time it allows to customize lots of things
    - object parameters, fetch limit, data rows vs. objects, etc.

    Also, since such query is a superset of both ResultDescriptor and
    SqlSelectQuery (and SqlModifyQuery I guess), we have a good chance of
    combining those 3 into a single class that can be used as a
    parameterized raw query ("parameterized" is important - neither
    SqlSelectQuery nor SqlModifyQuery support parameters).

    What do you think?

    Andrus