Re: Oracle TIMESTAMP getObject(index) returns oracle.sql.TIMESTAMP

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 12:12:51 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > > On Mar 1, 2004, at 11:32 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > >> Is there a reason that Cayenne doesn't use getTimestamp() instead of
    > >> getObject() for date objects?
    > >>
    > >> This looks like it could be fixed for all drivers for all time by
    > >> changing
    > >> .getObject(index) to .getTimestamp(index) for all occurrences in
    > >> org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.types.UtilDateType.
    > >
    > > I will fix that... actually we will need a switch checking for other
    > > JDBC date types and calling an appropriate method on the driver.

    Yeah, I came to the same conclusion myself late last night that we needed to
    choose the get method based on the sql type.

    > The fix is checked in to CVS and will be a part of March 2 nightly
    > build.

    Great. I was going to try to build patches for optimistic locking based off
    the latest milestone release today, but I'll hold off and wait until this
    patch is in there and build off the nightly cvs rather than providing my own
    patches for it.

    -Mike