Re: Problems building cayenne-src-1.1M3.tar.gz from source and unexpected error using prebuilt jar

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 05:08:08 EST

    On Mar 2, 2004, at 23:26, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Yes, I've upgraded commons-collections to 3.0. My bad, I should've
    > posted an announcement. The reason I did that was that there were some
    > bugs with chained iterators (something I am planning to use) in 2.1.
    > If this creates unbearable problems with Struts (does it? I think 3.0
    > is fully backwards compatible, though old classes are deprecated), we
    > can roll back.

    I got this error when running cayenne-1.0.6 with
    commons-collections-3.0:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    org.apache.commons.collections.IteratorUtils.singletonIterator(Ljava/
    lang/Object;)Ljava/util/Iterator;
             at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.ObjAttribute.getDbPathIterator(ObjAttribute.
    java:140)

    One more thing about common collections: I am running
    jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24 and that version of tomcat has a version of
    commons collections from before 3.0 that overrides the one in
    cayenne-1.1M4. I upgraded to 3.0 without any problems.

      - Tore.