Re: Problems building cayenne-src-1.1M3.tar.gz from source and unexpected error using prebuilt jar

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 12:05:26 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > You are right, I missed the point here... need more coffee.
    >
    > Just checked collections JavaDocs, and indeed in 2.1
    > IteratorUtils.singletonIterator returms Iterator, while in 3.0 it
    > returns a subclass - ResettableIterator. So much for backwards
    > compatibility....

    Hmm. Shouldn't that still be compatible? If it's a subclass, then
    anything that could handle an Iterator should also work with a subclass of
    Iterator?

    > Maybe we should rollback to 2.1... Shouldn't be a big deal. Anyone
    > other opinion on that?

    I haven't actually had any compatibility issues yet. I'm just hoping that
    they'll be as obvious as Tore's problem if they pop up.

    I still haven't had time to try to run the Struts 1.1 unit tests with
    collections 3.0.

    -Mike