CayenneDataObject.read/writeProperty(...) protected vs public

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 09:56:20 EST

    Hey Andrus,

    I am wondering is there any particular reason to have the methods
    CayenneDataObject.readProperty(...), CayenneDataObject.writeProperty(...)
    declared as *protected*? This makes it very difficult to write the code
    manipulating with data object properties / to-one relationships in a stable
    manner when those do not have the corresponding auto-generated accessor
    methods especially taking into considiration the implementation of the
    internal property resolution is changing now and then. For instance the
    dataviews relying on the old property behavior and the outdated readProperty
    imitation have recently become broken. What would you say about making
    read/writeProperty public in CayenneDataObject? And if this is possible,
    when can this be done (I need to fix my code broken by the newer cayenne
    dist rather promptly)?

    Thanks.

    Andriy.