questions regarding prefetch

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 12:36:11 EST

    Hello.

    I am trying to track down a prefetch bug (CAY-105). All the prefetch
    queries are done correctly, but it looks like a some of the toMany
    relations are faulted even when it should contain data.

    It looks like toMany-relations with more than one step is not working.
    Like addPrefetch("aToMany.bToMany).

    In SelectObserver.getResultsAsObjects(DataContext, Query) only
    prefetchQueries with a singleStepToManyRelationship are merged with
    SelectObserver.mergePrefetchResultsRelationships. Is that correct?

    Another question about prefetch. I see that PrefetchHelper are only
    called from DataContext.prefetchRelationships, but that methode does
    not seem to be called from anywhere. Are PrefetchHelper obsolete or am
    I missing something?

    Regards,
      - Tore.