Re: questions regarding prefetch

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 05:04:39 EST

    On Mar 15, 2004, at 21:32, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > This has been fixed in CVS and will be a part of March 16th nightly
    > build. I implemented an algorithm organizing all prefetch queries in a
    > dependency tree to properly connect prefetched objects with each
    > other.

    Thanks a lot! You have indeed fixed prefetch of multistep toMany
    relations.

    I think the fix introduced a bug. Or made a bug worse. As stated in bug
    CAY-15, prefetching over a flattened many to many does not work. I do
    not know if I should report this as a new bug, or append it to CAY-15.

    Adding a query.addPrefetch(String) over a flattended many to many used
    (before nightly 2004-3-16) to leed to a correct prefetch query. The
    problem was that the result from the prefetch query was not inserted
    into the graph. (I have some huge flattened many-to-many).

    After 2004-3-16 I get the following exception:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver.partitionBySource(Sel
    ectObserver.java:236)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver$PrefetchTreeNode.reso
    lveObjectTree(SelectObserver.java:403)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver$PrefetchTreeNode.reso
    lveObjectTree(SelectObserver.java:375)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.util.SelectObserver.getResultsAsObjects(S
    electObserver.java:187)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java
    :1200)

    Regards,
      - Tore.