From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 15:54:00 EST

    As it stands now, Cayenne validation exception is thrown when a string
    property is either NULL or an empty string. Empty string case is rather
    questionable as was pointed out to me by Eric Schneider. I was going to
    remove this particular "validation" and just keep the null check.

    So I figured I'd do some more testing. It turned out that all tested
    databases indeed distinguish between NULL an "", except for Oracle
    (surprise !!) So I wonder what's the best way to implement a solution.
    First thing that comes to mind is to make validator customizable per
    DbAdapter. Any other ideas?

    Andrus