Re: DataMap level "optimistic locking on/off" GUI?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 23:33:55 EDT

    On Apr 23, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Andrus wrote,
    >> Scheduling for 1.1. There are a few other attributes that will likely
    >> be
    > added atthe DataMap level
    >
    > Andrus,
    >
    > How do you feel about adding a feature to the modeler to turn on or off
    > optimistic locking globally rather than individually for each entity,
    > attribute, and relationship?
    >
    > -Mike

    I feel we should move in this direction (maybe as soon as M7). This
    kind of fits nicely into our emerging approach of configuring as many
    things in the DataMap, allowing Entity-level overrides. I guess I will
    combine numerous related feature requests in JIRA (CAY-98, CAY-72,
    etc.) into one called "DataMap Defaults" with "Critical" priority
    (anything required for Beta 1 should be marked as "Critical" now).

    However we still need to be able to mark individual attributes and
    relationships as used for locking, otherwise how do you know which
    columns to use (beyond the obvious ones like PK)?

    Andrus